Welcome to AT THE CROSSROADS! For those of you who are new, I am especially glad you have joined our community of fellow faith seekers. For my longtime faithful friends and followers, I am excited to share with you the new and exciting things happening here…
1) EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS
If you have not done so already, I hope you have signed up to follow AT THE CROSSROADS by providing your email address and becoming a follower. Here are 3 GOOD REASONS to do so if you a need a little push! 😉
- FREE STUFF! I have a few new goals this year regarding my blog…and they might just convince you! First, I want to offer a post every or every other Monday to start off the week with a purposeful, intentional, mindset. I used to call these posts #MindfulMondays. Remember those? I am not sure if I will keep the name or not, but the concept is the same. It will be a post to get you to think, reflect, and focus for the coming week. In addition, I want to add another post on Friday as a follow-up to Monday’s post. In these Friday posts (looking for a name here if you have any suggestions…#FridayFocus, #FollowupFridays) I will be offering additional resources in the form of further Bible reading, journaling, printable lists, verses, quotes, etc. for those who want to dig deeper. (Note: these additional resources will be made available to email subscribers only.)
- MEET AND GREET OPPORTUNITIES! Hopefully many of you know I am not only a writer and blogger, but I am a speaker and a teacher. I only give out specific details concerning OASIS, speaking engagements, classes I teach at my local church, and meet and greet opportunities to my email subscribers. I do this to protect the privacy and security of myself and my followers. I very rarely post information of this kind on social media or other public forums, but I definitely want to connect with my followers in person as opportunities are available.
- CONNECTION AND TRUST! By far, the absolute coolest thing for me is the personal connection I have been able to have with my email subscribers. Once you trust me with your email, I, in turn, trust you when you reach out to me. If you receive anything from me via email and respond…your message goes directly to me. Not to a server or some robot…if you message me…I WILL RESPOND. Because of this, I have had phone conversations with many of you, met in you in person at OASIS and other events, invited you to my church for Bible study…and have even met several of you for coffee (yes, I love a strong cup of coffee and good conversation!). You have come to me for advice, resources, and prayer. In turn, you have provided me with encouragement, friendship, and so much more! At the heart of this ministry is CONNECTION…it has been my original intention and driving force from the beginning. If you follow me via email, this is the beginning of a deeper relationship and connection as we journey together.
Check out the photo at the top of this post. Absolutely lovely, am I right? Those are custom, handmade, prints taken from my theme verse in Jeremiah 6:16 (The Message).
“Go stand at the crossroads and look around.
Ask for directions to the old road,
The tried-and-true road. Then take it.
Discover the right route for your souls.”
Vivian Kammel is gifted artist who uses her gifts to bless others. TheHandLetterShop exists to make people feel known and loved through hand-lettered cards, art and handmade wood displays.
Please check out more of Vivian’s work at:
Or contact here at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) FREE GIVE AWAYS
Did I forget to mention the best part of those lovely prints? I have purchased several of them and will be giving them away this month to YOU, my readers! The prints will be beautifully framed so can display them anywhere you like. You can enter to win by doing the following throughout the month.
- Comment on a post
- Share a post on Facebook (or other social media)
- Subscribe to ATC through email (those of you who are already subscribers are automatically entered!)
- Email me directly with a comment or to let me know you have taken the survey (email@example.com)
- Refer the blog to a friend (you must email me and let me know this!)
- Retweet a post
I will collect all the names and draw 5 (or more!) at the end of the month, announce the winners, and deliver your framed print. Feel free to enter as many times and as many ways as you like…there is no limit!
4) READER SURVEY
Lastly, when I tell you that your feedback matters, I seriously mean that! I have created a survey (it is anonymous, so be brutally honest!) that will allow you to tell me what you want and what you need here AT THE CROSSROADS. It is super important to me as I move forward to connect with you, listen to you, and encourage you in the best way that I can. Please click on the link below and take this very short, sweet, and simple survey (only 10 questions). Thank you to those of you who already submitted responses…I so appreciate it…but I would like more, so please consider doing this today.
So whether you are a new traveler or a longtime friend, I am so thankful you are here and get to experience all of the new and exciting things happening AT THE CROSSROADS. I am so very grateful to have you walking alongside of me on the journey…now get going so you have a good chance to win one of those prints! 😉