In the last several months I have received these 2 questions from many of you who read or are interested in my blog posts:
WHY SHOULD I FOLLOW YOU?
HOW DO I FOLLOW YOU?
Today I want to address these questions by giving you 3 GOOD REASONS to follow my blog, AT THE CROSSROADS.
But before I go there, I want to also address some the reasons you may be reluctant or hesitant to follow via email. I hear you, readers, so I want to be upfront about addressing your concerns.
Below are the top reasons people give me for not subscribing through email…these are direct quotes (I will withhold names to protect the innocent!).
- “I don’t like giving my email address out to anybody.” This is a good reason and very valid. You SHOULD be careful about sharing your email address. But I can assure you that your email address is safe with me. I am the only person who sees it, has access to it, and sends information to that address. I do not work for a larger company, I do not and will never give your email address to anyone without your permission, and everything you receive via email is directly from me. I hope this eases some of your concerns!
- “I get too many emails already. My inbox is full.” I understand this as well. I subscribe to a lot of other blogs and websites and agree that sometimes the emails can get overwhelming. My commitment is to NOT to deluge your inbox with unnecessary emails. The only emails you will receive from me are my posts (no more than 2x per week, but usually less) and any free resources I provide. (Note: I only make my free resources, that is, my e-books, presentations, and printable lists, verses, and quotes available to my subscribers, so email is the only way you will have access to them.)
- “I’ll just catch you on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media.” While this is true…I do link my posts to these and other social media sites, it is not as easy to “catch” my posts on social media. If you follow several people and are not on social media several times a day, they can be easily missed. I only provide links on the morning of my posts (usually before 7:00 am), so if you check your social media later that night or even the next day, there is a high probability you will not see them. Personally, I prefer subscribing to blogs via email instead of following them on Facebook or other social media because I do not miss important posts and I can go back and read posts when I have the time. It is not dependent on me “catching” a link or a post just by scrolling. (I hope that makes sense!)
Okay, maybe I have not anticipated and answered all of your concerns, so let me now try to convince you by giving you 3 GOOD REASONS to follow via email:
- FREE STUFF! I have a few new goals this year regarding my blog…and they might just convince you! First, I want to offer a post every or every other Monday to start off the week with a purposeful, intentional, mindset. I used to call these posts #MindfulMondays. Remember those? I am not sure if I will keep the name or not, but the concept is the same. It will be a post to get you to think, reflect, and focus for the coming week. In addition, I want to add another post on Friday as a follow-up to Monday’s post. In these Friday posts (looking for a name here if you have any suggestions…#FridayFocus, #FollowupFridays) I will be offering additional resources in the form of further Bible reading, journaling, printable lists, verses, quotes, etc. for those who want to dig deeper. (Note: these additional resources will be made available to email subscribers only.)
- MEET AND GREET OPPORTUNITIES! Hopefully many of you know I am not only a writer and blogger, but I am a speaker and a teacher. I only give out specific details concerning OASIS, speaking engagements, classes I teach at my local church, and meet and greet opportunities to my email subscribers. I do this to protect the privacy and security of myself and my followers. I very rarely post information of this kind on social media or other public forums, but I definitely want to connect with my followers in person as opportunities are available.
- CONNECTION AND TRUST! By far, the absolute coolest thing for me is the personal connection I have been able to have with my email subscribers. Once you trust me with your email, I, in turn, trust you when you reach out to me. If you receive anything from me via email and respond…your message goes directly to me. Not to a server or some robot…if you message me…I WILL RESPOND. Because of this, I have had phone conversations with many of you, met in you in person at OASIS and other events, invited you to my church for Bible study…and have even met several of you for coffee (yes, I love a strong cup of coffee and good conversation!). You have come to me for advice, resources, and prayer. In turn, you have provided me with encouragement, friendship, and so much more! At the heart of this ministry is CONNECTION…it has been my original intention and driving force from the beginning. If you follow me via email, this is the beginning of a deeper relationship and connection as we journey together.
So, if you have NOT yet become an email subscriber, would you please consider doing so today? Just look for the teal box at the bottom right of the screen and enter your information. Once you do this, look for a confirmation email in your inbox. It is that EASY and SIMPLE. Also, all of my NEW subscribers will be able to download my brand new, free e-book, “EMBRACING THE MIDDLE.”
If you are already an email subscriber (I love you guys and would never forget you!), you will also receive your very own copy of “EMBRACING THE MIDDLE” too, so look for it soon!